- Press Release
Click the following to learn
more about NEBB’S Young
- YPN Twitter Account: twitter.com/NEBB_YPN
- YPN Email: YPN@nebb.org
- YPN LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/
BranchPattern congratulates Jacob Altland, NEBB TAB CT, ACG CxT, LEED GA, from our Pittsburgh, PA office, for being one of five founding members of National Environmental Balancing Bureau’s (NEBB) Young Professionals Network (YPN) committee.
NEBB is the premier international certifying association for firms and individuals that deliver high performance buildings and systems. NEBB exists to help building owners, developers, contractors, engineers and architects ensure the buildings for which they are responsible are successfully delivered and operational, according to NEBB.org.
NEBB’s YPN is open to all professionals between the ages of 20-39 and performs the following functions:
- Cultivates a network of liaisons located across the globe
- Conducts a Tips and Tricks contest, which is currently accepting submissions for 2-minute videos that will help train industry professionals on NEBB best practices
- Assists with facilitating speakers and presentations at the NEBB Annual conference
- Conducts technical sessions at the NEBB Annual Conference
- Involved with additional committees throughout the NEBB organization (BET, BSC, TAB, etc.)
- Publishes articles in the NEBB Professional Magazine
In October 2016, five intrepid guys from around the world, including myself, answered Leblanc’s call...
“The YPN was the brainchild and vision of NEBB Past-President Jean-Paul Leblanc. In October 2016, five intrepid guys from around the world, including myself, answered Leblanc’s call issued for those interested in forming an ad hoc group within NEBB that would cater to the group’s up-and-coming ‘young’ professionals,” said Altland. “Thanks to a motion put forth by outgoing YPN Ad-Hoc Committee Chair, Mr. Don Hill, PE, and a unanimous Board of Directors vote, our YPN became a permanent standing committee in November 2019.”
“NEBB is constantly moving forward, ready for the future. We’re headed in new directions, leveraging the talent of our experienced Certificants with our young, incoming volunteers; expanding our training and testing centers; reaching out to related industries in the field to advance awareness of NEBB. We’re on the move,” said Hill.